Disney Princess Half Marathon | Travel Day & Expo

Hey all! I'm back! If you have been following along, you know that it's been just over a week since my first half marathon! I went down to Orlando, FL and ran the Disney Princess Half Marathon! Let me tell you, it was one of the most incredible experience's of my life. This race was so eye-opening and I can't wait to share more with you all later in another blog post!

For this post, I wanted to go over our travel day and our experience at the expo!

I apologize for the lack of edited photos. I only had my phone and honestly didn't take a ton of photos. It was nice to just be in the moments as they were happening.




We had a super early flight on Friday morning with a layover in NYC, so I am super thankful for the Delta Sky Club coming to the rescue with quiet, free wifi, food, and coffee! 

Once we landed in Orlando, we headed down to Disney's area of the airport. (I will do a whole blog post on our stay at Disney) I was super impressed with how Disney ran the whole process. Since we were staying at a Disney resort, we decided to take advantage of all of the free transportation they offer. A few days before we left, we had luggage tags arrive in the mail that we put on our suitcases. After we got off the plane in Orlando, we didn't have to worry about picking up our bags. Disney took care of everything for us! But more on that later.

We checked into our hotel and then headed over to Disney's ESPN Wide World of Sports for the expos! Be sure to wear comfy shoes for the expos. I wore a pair of sandals and forgot that they give my feet blisters. I ended up switching shoes with my mom about half way through.



Our first stop was to pick up our bibs. This years theme was Snow White and it was so cute!!


Next, we headed over to the vendor's expo and OH-EM-GEE there was SO much to see!! We honestly just wandered around for a little bit. There were so many amazing vendors and most of them had really good sales for us and a ton of them were handing out freebies. I picked up a pair of running socks that I am now obsessed with! I will be sure to link them once I find them online.


JayBirds had a booth with a wall where you could write why you run. This run was super special to me, but that is a whole other blog post that I will post in the next few weeks. ;) 


I was SO excited at this point!! I couldn't believe it was finally here!!


So before even going to Florida, I knew I wanted to get a jacket from the Disney side of the expo. These jackets were a little pricey but 100% worth it (in my opinion). I was super proud of myself for accomplishing this half marathon so you better believe I've been wearing this jacket loud and proud ever since!! (My mom, my sister and I all wore them on our flights home lol).



So my advice for any future runDisney runners is to be ready to spend money at the race. You are going to want to buy stuff to commemorate the race, and there are SO many options to choose from. Wear comfy shoes for the expos, you are going to be doing a lot of walking and you don't want to give yourself any extra blisters right before the race.

That's all I have for you today! Be sure to keep checking back for more posts on my runDisney experience!!

Do you like to run? Are you interested in running a Disney marathon or half marathon? Leave your questions for me in the comment section below!

No comments